Wednesday, March 12, 2008

I'm Lucky To Have Friends

Well I am! If you knew me in RL, you'd know that I have a way of letting my mouth lead my head. I often say things that I want to slurp back into my mouth before they have reached my listener's ears. It's so embarrassing!

But I have a lot of friends! Perhaps true friends realize that a lot of people have this quirky little problem. I call it an Amy-ism. Maybe my true friends appreciate that I'm a person and accept that I'm not trying to offend someone and that I am instantly sorry if I do.

I'm saying this stuff because just this past week, I've had two friends post to their blogs specifically about me. And I am so fortunate to have friends that care about me enough to write such kind things about me.

These two friends are Susan and Josey. Susan's post is here, Josey's post is here.

Susan is a very old friend (not old in age, just old in that we've known each other for a long time). I knew her when we were both single and free. Our lives evolved at nearly the same times (husband, kids etc.) and throughout it all, we've managed to stay in touch. Sometimes we go years without seeing each other but we always manage to get right back to where were. I love her so much!

Josey, on the other hand, is a new friend. I met her through this blog! Josey is so kind and supportive. I've appreciated her dedication both to herself and her health concerns as well as to me and mine. She and I have started doing daily reports to each other on how we've done in our day toward our new year's resolutions and health challenges. I've come to value her input, and look forward to her chit chat about her day. She has a very interesting life!

Thanks both of you, and all of my other friends for being there for me and caring for me despite my Amy-isms.

5 backward glances:

josey said...

awww amy, you're a sweetheart! i'm so glad the check-ins are valuable and entertaining. hehe. that just cracks me up that you think i have an interesting life! seems pretty standard to me...but hey, i'll take the compliment ;)

it's so strange (and lovely!) how you can just "click" with someone, even online. i appreciate the time you spend to write me and especially for your advice and suggestions. and, also for indulging me when it comes to my passions (obsessions? LOL) like cooking/food and health :):)

and maybe since i only know you online, i dont get the full load of amy-isms...hahah...but ya know what? things like that dont bother me anyhoo. we've all got our kooky style and personality quirks. you're a good person with a kind heart and that shows more than anything!

have an awesome thursday!!!

Anonymous said...

It's so nice to have friends like that. I too say things that sometimes I later regret. There has been more than one occasion where I sob and sob to my husband because someone misunderstood what I had to say.

Lucky for me I've learned to see it as a sort of test; are you going to be able to handle my personality or not. More often, people stand up to the test but there have been a couple of friends who have fadded into the scenery. I just figure it's too bad for them because being my friend should be an honor, right?

Amy said...

josey: i misread your last line and seriously thought it said "have an awful thursday" like a tongue-in-cheek thing.

kat: i see it that way too "can you handle my personality". most people can and if they can't well, i am not going to dwell on the few who were offended. life's too short.

The Napiers said...

Sweetheart is a great word to describe you! You know that no matter what happens and where life takes us I will always be your true friend. I love you more each day and only hope to talk more often than we do. I must say I am a bit jealous Josey gets you more often than I do, but I am okay with it because she sounds great and it sounds like she loves you and cares about you, and thats what really matters! I hope to meet you one day Josey. I will visit your blog and say HI!!

josey said...

mrs napier (sorry, i dont know your first name! hehe!)-- wowsers, i'm speechless! (and that's a rarity for me. LOL.) but honestly, i feel like the lucky one here. i somehow stumbled upon amy's blog last year and now i'm blessed by her example of kindness, and now the thoughtful words of her real life friend!? lucky me!!

it also warms my heart to see you and amy getting back in touch. because really, old friends are the best ones--last year i reconnected with a friend from high school. its been amazing :) i'm happy for you two--savor that friendship! such special ones really are so rare.

have an AWESOME (not awful!) monday! (you too, amy! hahaha *wink*)