Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Hey Chipmunk Girl!

What the ... I really think I have enough food for the whole winter stored in those cheeks! I never realized how chipmunk-like my cheeks are, especially when I'm laughing!

But, that's the one that the majority of you all chose (even DH!) In some ways it surprises me but I guess that human nature gravitates toward happiness...and I certainly do look like I'm about to bust a vein in that picture!

Josey commented that she thinks I look like Carrie Underwood. That's very flattering. Carrie is beautiful! I think Carrie Underwood looks like Reese Witherspoon and DH thinks it's something about their mouths and nose structure that makes them look alike. I think he's right. I've actually heard people say I look like both of them, lots of times! Funny, I don't really see it. Probably because they're both drop-dead gorgeous!

Carrie Underwood's a baby...maybe when I had long blonde hair (yes, I did!) and was 10 years younger I might have resembled her a little. Reese is only 2 years my junior but she still looks like a baby.
Either way, the resemblence was probably more prominent when I was young. What do you think?

9 backward glances:

Ellen said...

What time is it Mama? What time is it Pops? What time is it Sistah? Almost seven o'clock, ahoooooow! Gotta love camping, Carrie. By the way, nice turban. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

No way, you look like that really funny comedienne is who ... but I don't know her name. Same huge bright smile and a blondie. I thought you were writing about her when she was younger!!!!

josey said...

oh you are silly! you dont have chipmunk cheeks! now dontchoo start doggin on yourself cause the weightloss is atta standstill. (yes, im scolding you! hehe.) okay so maybe you really were just having fun with it...but if not, well then...! ;)

anyhoo, yes, you do have a "round" face. but you're not chubbly looking. you look HEALTHY. and i'm not just saying that to be nice. you know how some of those hollywood women look so gaunt and skeletony these days? ACK! sooo nasty. i think most people think a little flesh is better than all bones! hehe!

plus, "chipmunk" cheeks keep us looking younger all our lives. we always have that youthful cute appearance ;) yes, i say this from personal experience! LOL!

ANYhoo...hmmm i suppose you do look like reese a little bit. however her eyes are buggy compared to yours. hehe! and i think its definitely your smiley cheeks, nose, mouth, smile and sparkly eyes that make you look so much like carrie! maybe you two can hitch up for a gig one of these days! ;)

i LOVE the "turban" pix! LOL!!! you make me laugh. =D

Amy said...

ellen - you're too funny! it was a pillowcase; i was 16. a good combination!

entrepreneur - well thanks, but i'm no comedian!

josey: does that i should get nice and plump so i always look young? at least there's one advantage to carrying a few extra pounds. really skinny people do age quicker! not that i'll ever have that to worry about with my predisposition!

FriendinME said...

For the record, you do not look like this:
http://www.duck-rock.com/Local%20Wildlife%20Chipmunk%201.jpg

the eyes, maybe, but not the cheeks. ;)

Rachel said...

I miss the laugh that accompanies those cheeks! It fills a room and makes everyone a little happier.

The Napiers said...

YOu are as gorgeous as ever!! It was SO much fun to have lunch with you, we really need to do it more often. Im sorry I am in such a depressed state, its my damn job. Im desperate to quit. I know find something else first. I just love ya and I am SO glad we have remained friends over all these years.

Amy said...

Rachel: you are a sweetie. I miss YOUR laugh! I can hear it in my hears right now!

Susan: I know! It was SO GREAT to see you yesterday too! i don't think you're depressed; you're awesome.

Amy said...

FriendinMe: well, that's just a relief! his cheeks were hanging clear to the ground!