Saturday, July 28, 2007

Upcoming Construction

I'm going to begin telling a story that will likely continue for several months. And since no doubt it is going to cause me enormous consternation of which I will need a venting post (my blog), I will start with the beginning so I can vent at will in the future...

I live on a pretty busy street in Bountiful and they are planning to install curb & gutter along my street on our side stretching for about 1/2 mile. Construction has already begun to the south and several retaining walls have gone in. The track-hoe's are heading our way and I'm told that within a couple of weeks, they will be demo'ing my front yard as well. This is the "before pic" taken July 18th:



I'm sure you noticed that we ALREADY have curb & gutter. Yes, well the logic is mystifying.

Part of the agreement with The City was that in exchange for the property necessary for the project, they would cut down this enormous pine tree in our front yard. This tree stretches well up to 70 or 80' tall and we hate it for so many reasons. The first of which is the ardently distasteful curb appeal. Second is the obnoxious pine needles; third is the area under the tree which is just ugly...and that's just a few reasons.


I don't know when this "tree-deraising" will occur but I'm anxious and fascinated about the process. So in case you're driving by, that's what's happening. It's normal...it's good...THAT part of the construction will be good times. The rest of the experience will no doubt be forthcoming.


0 backward glances: