Friday, July 13, 2007

The Power of Scent

There is a particular scent when I go into Natalie's room. It's the same scent that is attached to all of her clothing and her both of her precious "blankies". It's not the same scent she had when she was a little baby, which was also very unique. It wasn't quite the smell one associates with "baby", the baby wash and lotion, the smell of their milk breath etc. It was a little Natalie smell. It's evolved since then. It's still very much her own and I love it so much. I was thinking the other day how wonderful it would be if I could bottle it so I could have it for life. I'm sure it will change again and I'll lose the toddler smell forever. Maybe when she's done with her little blanket, I can put it in a zip loc bag and it will keep for a while. Eventually it will be gone though. The power of smell is so strong - it takes you back with just a whif. Why hasn't technology progressed to where we can capture these crucial smells that enable us to re-live precious moments in our lives years later?

Nat finished her Level I swimming lessons today. She passed! Not that I was worried. I highly recommend this cute girl Whitney at Bountiful Rec Center for lessons. She was great with Natalie.

1 backward glances:

julie said...

I totally know what you mean! Ava has her own cute little sent, and I love it. I sleep with her blanket sometime when she is gone just so I can smell her:)