Thursday, July 26, 2007

Snippity Snip


This post is mainly for my friends & family that don't see me a lot since my close-by friends have seen my new haircut. It's not that unusual from what it used to look like other than it's shorter in some spots and the coloring makes it stand out a lot better than it ever did when it was all squirrel brown.

I was losing my mind with my old hair. But I went absolutely insane with my old hairstylist. The woman was/is bi-polar, pregnant and another friend believes she's doing drugs (this friend goes to her also). She literally stresses me out so much when I go see her that I've lost the energy to call her up for an appointment. I can't put my finger on why she is so nutty, but I feel this unusual jumpy energy everytime I'm around her, not to mention her non-stop chatter about really weird, weird things. So I tolerated my hair as it grew and grew and when I was finally forced to resort to a pony tail everyday, I found someone new.

There's a girl in my ward, Shannon, who does hair and out of desperation, I went to her. She did an amazing job and it was seriously the fastest haircut I've ever had. It was then confirmed to me that she is moving in like 2 weeks to Wyoming. Since my "old" hairstylist is mentally unstable, and I'm not sure she won't stab me in the eye with her rat-tail comb if I go back to her and she sees that obviously someone else has cut my hair, I'd go back to her possibly. Now I have 4 weeks to find a replacement.

In any case, I'm loving my hair, and when I walk by a mirror, I take a step back and look twice!

5 backward glances:

Rachel said...

LOVE IT! The highlights are soooo great. Ugh. I don't know if I can stand to grow my mop out. Yesterday I tried pigtails, and as I looked in the mirror it reminded me of a picture from my 4th or 5th birthday, (minus the wrinkles and pimples) :)
Maybe you could drive to Wyoming for hair cuts & color, I'm planning to fly or drive home for mine :)

Ellen said...

i wuz hear and luv yer hare.

Ellen said...

ack...accidentally posted...

No really, it looks great! Wish my hair could do stuff like that, but...well, you got all the hair and I got everything else! Ha! Just kidding. Well, not about the "it looks great" part...tee hee! Love ya dood!

Carly said...

Amy, i love it! that stinks about shannon moving, for more than one reason, but I know what you mean about finding a good hair stylist

Grammy said...

Your hair is so cute! It is very "sheek" or "chick" or whatever the heck that word is! I always say that short hair always looks its best. Love the story about your crazy hair dresser. Start looking around. I don't think I would trust her anymore!