Friday, June 27, 2008

Thank Heaven for Mix n Fix

Last time I was pregnant, it got to the point where I couldn't even stand the smell of myself, or anyone else for that matter. It made me nauseated to cook any meat and so I just didn't cook at all. I'm not sure what we ate. That I gained 60 lbs is proof that I did eat, however, lol!

I've already started to plan ahead this time though. I've got about 10 lbs. of ground beef thawing so I can cook it & re-freeze it so if I want to make something, I don't have to fry the beef first. Yuck! The only time I barfed last time was cooking a pork chop. Just the memory makes me want to heave.

Today I spent a few hours getting ready for tomorrow's Mix n Fix. And it's coming right in time because I think I've only got another week or two of olfactory bliss.

What's on the menu this month?

I made: Sesame Tilapia, and Montreal Chicken

Meals I will receive will be:

Fajitas, Beerless Brats, Cranberry Chicken, Personal Pizzas, Grilled Asian Pork, Bistro Turkey Burgers, and meatloaf.

I'll be so happy to tuck these babies into my freezer for later use. I have lots left over from months past too so we're definitely NOT going to starve as I enter into my hardest time of pregnancy - seriously - it was the absolute worst part. I couldn't stand the smell of Fall even the next year when I wasn't pregnant.

Also, please bear with my posts. I know they're not all my typical uppity-up, and definitely not the frequency you're used to. But I'm trying.

Cheers!

6 backward glances:

Anonymous said...

Amy, Cool news about the baby! Three of the blogs I read are having babies and one they are adopting their first. How exciting for all of you. Do you have the book, Girlfriends on the go!? It is a cool book were you make dinners ahead and share and freeze like you are doing. I have made a few of them and they were good! Have fun tomorrow. Pam

Amy said...

Pam, I don't have that book but we'll be looking for new recipes next month and it might be a good resource! Thanks for the tip; I'll check it out!

Shelby said...

sounds like heaven having all those freezer meals! I've got to get in on something like that!

Kimmie said...

Girl I know exactly how you feel. From food to lotions to laundry soap, etc. Hang in there and if you need a single thing let us as your friends help.

Kim

Anonymous said...

I felt too sick to eat during the beginning of my first pregnancy but the second I didn't feel sick at all until the last 2 weeks.

Amy said...

shelby: i can help you start one if you need the information. any time - just let me know!

Kim: thank you! i might take you up!

melissa: it's nice to know there's an end in sight, i'm sure!