Monday, June 2, 2008

Do You Use Photoshop?

I've been doing a bunch of stuff with my digital scrapbooking lately and it's required that I learn a lot more about Photoshop than I ever knew before. It's complicated!

But I learned something today that I've been wanting to learn for a long time, and that's producing higher contrast black & white photos instead of just eliminating all of the hue.

I got the basis for all of my knowledge about Photoshop from Kelly, of course (who incidentally took this picture) and since then have had to supplement it with tutorials from the internet. And that's what I wanted to tell you! I found a great tutorial today (right at the nice "beginner" level - which is what I always need) that guides you right through how to create higher contrast black & white photos.
The photo on the left is the higher contrast and the one on the right is just having the hue removed. You can see what a big difference it makes! You virtually lose all your interest by removing hue.

I just wanted everyone out there who was as clueless as I am about Photoshop to know where you can get an awesome tutorial...here!

2 backward glances:

Anonymous said...

Nice job. There's truckloads of stuff that program can do... and most of it unnecessary for most of us!

I use it very, very often with cartoons I whip up... but I still only use the basic bits and pieces of it with a few little tricks I learned through trial and mostly error.

Enjoy fiddling! :)

Cheers.

Amy said...

yeah, i think i'm only at the very tip of the iceberg myself but it's fun to keep learning its capabilities!