Saturday, June 21, 2008

Happy Noises

As a kid, I spent practically my whole life living with a pool in my backyard. This was one of the first ones my family put in our backyard and is similar to the huge blow-up ones that are for sale nowadays.

We had SO MUCH fun in it and the bigger model that came a few years later.

In the in-ground swimming pool we had in SoCal, we spent hours and hours and hours playing Marco! Polo! and I have such great memories of that.

Today, while vacuuming my own pool out, I heard familiar sounds coming from my neighbor's home. They have an inflatable pool and have 3 children. I heard them loudly playing Marco! Polo! and it just made me grin from the memories. They were having such a great time and I couldn't help but think of my sisters and the great fun we had in the water as kids. Those are good neighbor noises.

4 backward glances:

Anonymous said...

Sweet memories are the best and the smiles they bring are priceless. That's what it's all about.

Shelby said...

I'm glad it was those noises and not a dog barking!

Rachel said...

I'm listening to my own kids in the pool playing with the neighbor kids. My husband is bugged that the neighbors are even here. And I, like you am thrilled to hear happy noises coming from the yard.
(I think he would rather hear the dogs bark than have all the kids back there :) )
Pools are great fun in the summer. A great escape from the heat :)

Amy said...

christy: true, true.

shelby: tell me about it! for once i'm happy with the noises coming over the fence!

rachel: i LOVE having a pool! it's absolutely the best!