Sunday, March 1, 2009

I Caught Him In the Act

Yesterday The Marshmallow and I were talking about compliments. Like how many husbands regularly tell their wives they're beautiful or whatever. He NEVER tells me I'm beautiful - it's just not his style. And 14 + years with him is evidence that I truly don't really care just as long as I can tell that he loves me in other ways. And he does, like what he did here just because I was pregnant. (ooh, how great it feels to say WAS PREGNANT, lol!)

I did argue though that a woman likes to hear that her man is attracted to her just every now and then. His reply was, "well, you've never had a black eye, have you". Now that's love isn't it? Don't get worried - he has a funny sense of humor and the man, although has been pushed to the limit has never come close to blacking my eye, lol. He also said that he tries to show me he is attracted to me in other ways. He said, "we have two kids, isn't that proof?" I said, "yeah, either that or you REALLY love kids!" His romantic side just makes me giddy.

So to get on with my story, I have a little more back-tracking. Remember my bird-feeder that Kelly gave me for Christmas? The birds have eaten the heck out of it and it now sits, dejected and empty. It makes me sad to see it just dangling there with no winged visitors. But being so pregnant, and with a foot of snow on the ground, I didn't trust myself to climb up to fill it. And then after the baby came, I couldn't find the ladder. I mentioned this to The Marshmallow and he said I should put the feeder somewhere where I can fill it without risking my life. I asked him where the fun was in that!

Skip to this afternoon. I came downstairs after a lovely 2 hour nap and couldn't find him. I poked my head outside and I caught him trotting across the lawn holding a stick with something weird on the end. He grinned sheepishly at me. Now, sheepish is not a look I see often on his face so I thought to investigate further. I watched him as he walked over to the tree with the bird feeder, hoisted the stick up so a little black funnel thing hung over the mouth of the feeder. He pulled a little string and the funnel tipped to pour birdseed into the feeder.

So he doesn't tell me that I'm beautiful, but the man adores me - and I caught him showing me.

2 backward glances:

kelly said...

awwwww. I love hearing stories about his goodness.

Tiffany said...

That is the cutest story EVER!!! What a sweet boy you have :)