Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The Mom's Food Trick

I'm here. I'm okay. I want to thank all of you who have emailed me to inquire if I'm alright. That was so kind of you. I'm not sure what's wrong with me other than I'm tired, grumpy, and miserable. But...I'm closing in on the big day and that's keeping me going.

The longer I've been away from my blog though, the harder I've found to return so I thought I'd just jump in. So much has happened that I've wanted to share with you but by the time I get around to it each day, I'm so tired I just go to bed.

So my jumping in point is the Mom's Food Trick I finally pulled on my daughter. She is so finicky and refuses to eat even the most benign foods. Tonight I made a fairly basic hamburger stew with potatoes, carrots, celery etc. After it was made, I knew she'd never eat it - she just won't eat those things. So I took several spoonfuls and threw them in the blender and pureed them. Then I poured them into a bowl, added some pieces of hamburger to it and gave it and a roll to her. Problem solved. She loved it - ate it all and had no idea she was actually eating dreaded potatoes and carrots!

There's probably something to that book that Jerry Seinfeld's wife wrote. Maybe I'll go pick it up!

1 backward glances:

Kimmie said...

Whats the book? I need to read it or maybe even try what you did. B hates to eat anything that isn't covered in sugar!