Monday, January 12, 2009

Crib's Up

Now that the painting is done in the nursery finally, DH spent part of yesterday putting up our crib. It's lonely right now in that dark room but it will soon be full of all sorts of baby paraphernalia as I bring it up from the storage room.

Today, as I frequently walked down the hall past that room, I'd catch a glimpse of a crib in a room where formerly there was lots of other stuff, and I have to do a double-take. I haven't seen that crib assembled in a room in nearly 3 years!

And to see it set up ready to be used was so surreal, I almost wasn't ready to see it there! I nearly had to close the door for a while until my mind wraps around what's coming so quickly. You'd think I have adjusted by now but I guess I'm still adjusting. Perhaps 9 months gestation is just the right amount of time!

1 backward glances:

Rachel said...

We had the bassinet up in our room for the longest time just waiting for baby to arrive. It won't be long until baby girl N makes her grand entrance. Has the final name been decided?