Sunday, June 20, 2010

I Should Be On The GeekSquad

I really should because I'm a genius and I even got The Marshmallow to admit it.

I bought a new laptop yensterday because I'm pretty sure the harddrive on my other computer is quitting. No biggie. I said I was going to buy one before the end of the year anyway and now is just as good as later, probably better because it's nowhere near to Christmas.

Anyway recently I've been having a bugger of a time getting my laser printer installed. And this is important since it's WAY cheaper to run a laser printer than an inkjet. But it wouldn't install. On my old laptop it took me several weeks before I was able to get it done but I did and I knew what was up and what was going wrong. But I was surpised with a new computer to be having the same problems.

So I called the GeekSquad this afternoon and paid them $50 to just do it for me - you know, save me weeks of labor. After 2 hours, my money was reimbursed and they gave up. 4 hours after THAT, I got it installed myself people...all by myself! And I am officially giving myself a pat on the back. I'm actually so happy I could cry because now I get to keep my printer instead of junking it and buying a new one that will install.

Ahhhhh. I am feeling soooooooooooo good tonight. It's awesome living in my awesomeness.

2 backward glances:

Controlling My Chaos said...

You are awesome. I bow before your techie-ness

Tiffany said...

I'm with Jill...you're amazing! :) I'm glad I didn't know this two weeks ago when I couldn't get my own printer to work ;)