Sunday, January 17, 2010

Recipes, Baking and Organization

So I realize my last post was a week ago but I really haven't done much since then besides do what it was I was talking about in my last post! Recipe organization. By the way, I am LOVING The Living Cookbook. It is utterly an amazing program and simply rocks my little world.

I've been slowly and steadily going through all of my recipes and I'm only about 1/3 of the way through. Turns out I have a crapload of dessert recipes which reaffirms the fact that I love to bake - either that or I love to look at baked goods. I really haven't made many of them honestly because to make them means I have to eat them which means that I'm eating foods that I shouldn't be eating for my hips' sake.

Enter hCG loveliness. I no longer worry about eating a few things that were otherwise off-limits if I do so in moderation. And so....I'm busting out those wonderful dessert recipes and am going to be trying them.

I have lots of bread, muffin, cakes, pies, cookies, and roll recipes. And for some things like banana nut muffins, or biscuits, or cheesecake - I have several. How am I supposed to know which ones are the best?

I'm going to have taste-test days where I make up a few of my similar recipes and have my family taste-test them to determine which ones make the cut. Those will be fun days!

Then...even more fun - I've decided I'm going to make one spectacular dessert a week. I'm super excited to try some of these things. They just look so delicious!

I can't, of course start making the desserts for about 3 weeks because of the phases of hCG. I'm nearing the end of this round and will be done next Sunday, after which I avoid carbs for another couple of weeks but then I'm good to go!

Here are some of the things I want to try...

0 backward glances: