Saturday, January 23, 2010

hCG, Your State of Mind Makes a Big Difference

I'm finally done with this round of hCG. I did 23 days and it was sort of long for me this time. With 2 months between my rounds, I had so much liberty in what I was eating to be put back on the restrictions was difficult for me. I think it also has a lot to do with how my weight is very close to where I want it to be permanently. So where's my motivation to tough it out? Good question. When I was very heavy, the motivation was staring at me in the mirror every day. Now I look at the sizes on my clothes and my motivation peters right out the window. It happens.

So I finished the round and I realized that transitioning into Phase 3 this time is much different than my huge resolve last time to make it successful. Not that I don't want it to be successful, I'm finding a happy medium and knowing what things already work for me. I'm not quite as worried about the fluctuations because I'm learning how to control them. It's empowering. I feel totally confident to walk into any restaurant, order what I want and know that it's not going to show up on the scale the next morning. That makes me happy. Food does not control me.

If you're still struggling at maintenance, relax. You may be over thinking it. Take some tips:

1) plan to work out for 15 to 20 minutes most days; whatever it is that makes you work up a sweat.
2) take additional protein in whatever form you like.
3) find some low carb recipes and make up some batches of things you'd like to try. then keep them in the fridge so when you're wanting a snack or just something to eat, you have something low-carb to eat anytime.

For example, I love salads but the ones I'm eating are getting boring so I've gone online and downloaded a whole bunch of new ones with ingredients I've never tried in salads before. And it's wonderful to try new foods that I know are healthy for me.

Anyway, for those that are interested, just for the sake of the experience and knowledge, starting on February 3rd I'm going to try a 7 day hCG round. In my experience you lose the most in the first week and then it slows down after that. I'm interested to see what happens to the weight loss if you stop the drops after only 7 days - after the biggest loss. I'm wondering if the loss will stay or if it's just not long enough. The protocol specifically states that 23 days should be the minimum. Maybe I'm a glutton for punishment but I will make myself a guinea pig for this experiment. Check back. I'll be reporting.

0 backward glances: