Sunday, February 1, 2009

Another Week Gone

I'm down to 2 1/2 weeks. This week flew by - wow!

I did what I set down to do last Sunday. My nursery is by all intents and purposes...done. I have a chair that needs re-upholstering and with my friend Kelly's help this Wednesday, that will be done as well. I guess the nursery didn't turn out quite as awesome as I'd hoped but it's done and it will do. I sat in there for about 1/2 hour the night it was done, after SP's lights were out and I was alone. It was quiet and dark in the nursery and I imagined what it will be like to visit that room frequently in the night when I hear a baby cry. I look forward to those quiet moments alone with my second child.

We got back from Duchesne last night after an over-nighter. DH's older sister went through the LDS temple for the first time yesterday and invited me to go with her. It was a wonderful experience. I've never been in the Vernal temple and was amazed at how small but beautiful it is. It was a great session and I'm glad I was able to go.

This morning I meant to go to church but I woke up exhausted and I found that all of my church clothes felt like cinches around me especially my socks and shoes. For one day, I thought, I just can't force myself into these binding clothes! Besides I became even more exhausted with the thought of the meetings. I felt bad but decided I'd just stay home and rest.

I spent my afternoon watching an old movie and stitching patches onto SP's jeans. She is forever a kitty and is on her hands and knees all over the house tearing holes in the knees of her jeans. I cut out cute hearts from DH's old jeans and stitched them over the holes. They were cute even if it took me forever.

Later, I took a series of Photoshop tutorials so I can learn to make my own digital scrapbooking supplies. I learned a ton! I've no idea if I can actually make them work out but I'll try. It could be fun!

Sorry for the blah blah but that's my life, take it or leave it. Have a great week!

3 backward glances:

Heidi Sue said...

I wondered if you were ok. I am glad that you are. I am looking forward to seeing what you have done in the babies room. You are so talented, I bet it is beautiful. Hope things go well.

Rachel said...

I enjoyed your ramble, and you must take a picture of the patch. I need to fix the boys pants, but the patch won't be nearly as cute.
I've been thinking about you and sending you good vibes... you'll be in that nursery all too soon.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad the end of your pregnancy is going by quickly!