Sunday, June 24, 2007

Hanging on a Thread...literally




This past week we had our old hot tub removed from our backyard. Anyone who had visited our house knows that the only way into our backyard is down the stairs in our house, or down the stairs on the side of the house. Either way, it's tough getting things in...or out of there. Wheelbarrows, lawnmowers, etc - once they're down there it's not easy getting them up. So imagine a 2,500 lb. (maybe more) hot tub needing to come out! We had to get a crane and it was so fun! I got the whole thing on video. The man stuck the boom clear out over the house and into the backyard where some guys tied the hot tub on, and then it got lifted up, over the house - and then the entire length of the house including over the carport, and then was set down on a trailer. It was so amazing to see that huge hot tub danging over my house knowing that at any moment, it could come careening down destroying my brand new kitchen, my bedroom, my car, the whole garage and all that's in it. It was a little nerve-wracking. Aside from that, it was awesome. Only yesterday I found out that 2 other times just this week, a crane which was not well secured fell onto a house. Yikes!

2 backward glances:

Unknown said...

I wouldn't have been able to watch that!

Janet Ollman (Dr. JO) said...

Reminds me of when I'd have the piano moved--I'd just have to shut my eyes tight--or go into another room to pray!