Saturday, June 30, 2007

Golfing & Other Fun Stuff

When I was in graduate school, I actually won our mock-golf tournament and even received "the jacket". Those kids in my class must have really sucked for me to win, that's all I can say.

DH recalls that the summer we got pregnant with Natalie, we golfed together a lot but I don't remember that. I remember being busy with my internship, and several jobs but I suppose it was possible. But that was 4 years ago and since then, I haven't even picked up my golf clubs. When I retrieved them from a corner in the basement this morning, there were actually cobwebs on them and I felt sad that I'd not been for so long since I love it so much.

We went to a course today that allows you to take children on the fairways and we all had so much fun! I actually did much better than I anticipated striking the ball nearly 99% of the time although sometimes it didn't really go where I had intended it. I had forgotten how satisfying it is to hear that *crack* and know that you actually connected with the ball, and that it's going where you want it to go! For those of you who have never golfed, you probably think it's silly but it's really sort of addicting.

We even took her miniature golfing this morning. They handed her the tiniest little putter, I thought it was a hammer at first. I think it was only about 15" long! She was so adorable trying to hit that ball into the holes and was so animated and fun! It helped me get over my frustrations from this past week about not being able to take her anywhere that she truly enjoys - and the fits that are associated with every outing. We had a great time today. We even hit the Alpine Slide up in Park City; something else Natalie was totally down for!

All in all, a great day.



2 backward glances:

Unknown said...

Sorry but I still don't get golf. I like to ride along though. My club only makes contact with the ball 1% of the time the rest of the time I just hit air and look like an idiot.

Carly said...

Looks like fun! She is so cute. I enjoy miniature golf, but have never tried the real thing, maybe you will have to teach me sometime.