Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Hi, I'm Jekyl & Hyde

Hello, what time is it? Oh, it's noon - well, then my name is Jekyl. I will amaze you with my resolve, commitment, dedication, purpose, and drive. Oh, you made a mistake? It's 6am? Well, then meet Hyde. I don't think we've met. If you think I'm doing ANYTHING besides drooling on my pillow well then, you can THINK again!

Yes, I have two personalities. Especially lately. For the past three years, I have resolutely gotten up in pre-pre dawn hours to spastically run down the street, and why? Oh, I don't know. It hasn't made my bum any smaller, as if that purpose should be the highest of all purposes. No, I've done it for the inner peace it brings me. The smoothness it brought to the start of each hectic day.

But lately Hyde screams out every morning at 5am when the alarm goes off. He convinces me it's really 2am, that I don't care about inner peace, that the clock is broken, that I already DID run (amazing isn't he?), that running is for losers blah blah blah. Every morning it's a new excuse or rationale.

I am nearly ready to chew my arm off in frustration! From the moment I actually get up to the moment I lay my head down again at night, I wish I'd run that day, and actually look forward to running the next day, but that's Jekyl's wish....not Hyde's.

3 backward glances:

Anonymous said...

You are a crazy duck my friend!
I loved the Jekyl and Hyde piece because I feel like that all of the time. So are you going to the UOTA conference this weekend?
Let me know when you get a chance.
Hugs, JM

Anonymous said...

I thought I was the only one with this problem. It's moments like these that let me know I am normal. Thank you for that. And for the record. I love being a fly on your wall. Let's get together as soon as we can. I love you ya know.
Love your peeps, Suz :)

Kimmie said...

I think we all, more times than not, feel that we have this problem; especially if we are moms, wives, sisters, daughters, workers,etc. I prefer the Jekyl side because I know if I get my butt out of bed at 6 a.m. I will have a great day. If I choose the Hyde side, watch out. Your great and I am so glad that you are in my and my families lives. Your a great person and a great friend. LOL