Monday, July 11, 2011

Super Super Something

I've spent the last year of my life so busy that to even find time to clean a toilet throws me over the edge.  Fast forward to this summer and the thoughts I keep having about being the kind of mom I always envisioned.  In short, I have TWO children now who are relying on me to be a super-awesome, super-fun...Mom.  No, that's not exactly what I aspired to be but it did have something to do with being super.

Needless to say if I go along in the fashion I've been hurtling along for the past year, my kiddos would get the shaft this summer, spending a lot time jumping on a tramp over a sprinkler. NOT that there's anything wrong with that - lots of good wholesome fun, but not necessarily what I want them to remember the summers for. I want them to have great memories of fun things that we did.  So every Monday, we try to do something fun, irregular and summery.  It's only mid-July but so far we've had some good times...

Bowling...
Liberty Park Seven Canyons (twice)...
 
Lagoon (twice)...
 
Spenser Eccles Dinosaur Park:
Not to mention the Gateway Fountains numerous times, tons of swimming, a Drive-In movie and every other kid movie that has come out this summer.
Summing it up like this, I guess I shouldn't have any fear that my kids aren't have any fun.  Not to mention that doing these things has reduced my stress immeasurably. Imagine that :)

1 backward glances:

Rachel said...

I've wondered if you had fallen off the edge of life. So glad to see that you are actually enjoying yourself this summer and that its not all work. Nicole is adorable and Nat is such a pretty girl (with really long hair). The free fall looks wicked scary!