Wednesday, April 1, 2009

So Sue Me

My Jeep was done around tenish this morning so I was able to make it to my appointment with the accountant to get our taxes done. Is there a more dreaded task? It's as if you sit there and await The Man sending down your verdict. I owe what?

It actually didn't get to that point. I've never actually itemized before and this year because both Todd and I are self-employed, we can't avoid it. I came away with more to do than I can possibly manage in a year to collect all of the information he needs. I guess I know what I'll be doing for the next few days and nights. What am I doing blogging? Procrastinating the inevitable - avoiding, hiding, denial, basically putting my head in the sand. So what?

So the title of my blog is about this next item which I'm sure is very controversial but it's my life and I'm living it. I've mentioned my binky war from time to time - perhaps you've engaged in your own battle at various times in your life. I know it'll be a good thing but I'm having a hard time seeing past TODAY.

So I got some non control top panty hose, and cut strips out of them, tied little knots to the binky and wrapped the loop around Tinkerpot's ears. She is easily able to push it out of her mouth but there's just enough pressure to keep it from falling out every time she moves. There's absolutely no way she could choke on her puke, if that were to happen because the panty hose isn't tight. But it works. She's been in her crib for 1/2 hour now and I haven't had to go in there a single time to stick it back in. It's amazing. Truly.
Before you judge me, know that I talked to at least 5 other women who have attempted this in one way or another. I am not alone in my bad parenting. I'm just a mom working it out!

4 backward glances:

Tiffany said...

You seriously need to quit worrying so much what people think. I admire your tenacity. When my kids wouldn't take one, I shrugged, and went on my way. To be as committed as you are, no matter what it is...that's impressive to me.

Aislinn said...

cool idea about the binky! I've never seen that before - and wish I had! We had 1 binky war in our home - the rest either didn't want one or found a thumb! I agree with Tiff - don't worry what others think - do what you gotta to keep your sanity! (btw - what a doll!)

DummersUntie91 said...

I find duct tape works better...

Heidi Sue said...

I am all for what ever makes our lives easier. I am glad that you found something that works.