Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Getting Organized

I have this app on my iPad that syncs with my phone. It is simply an amazing app. I've been using it for a long time for my calendar because it has some awesome features. It also has my contacts and my tasks. I wanted a smaller version of Outlook (like on my computer) and I found it. But the tasks never worked for me. I'm an old Franklin Covey girl and still break down my goals and tasks in that way in my mind. I want them to work for me the way they did back when I carried that ridiculously bulky planner. 

Now, I have Pocket Informant Pro. A mighty powerhouse of an app that until recently I wasn't even utilizing to its fullest capacity and that's saying a lot because I hold this app to a very high standard with my crazy busy schedule for work, home, church etc.

I found the pdf manual about two weeks ago and spend an afternoon reading the whole thing. I wanted to get a full grasp on hows the task feature could really work for me. And boy did I ever learn a lot.

I am now so amazingly organized I scare myself. Like organized similar to the insanely over-the-top way I was back in graduate school (I got teased but I was secretly proud to receive it). This app can create projects - like "Spring Gardening Work" and then each task you want to do in that area will be joined and scheduled. THEN to make it better, if there are places that certain tasks need to be done...like you need to buy manure at the nursery but pots at Smiths, you use "contexts" with names like "Nursery" or "Smith's" and then every task, regardless of the project, that needs to be completed at Smith's, will show up in the Smith's list .... when you get to Smith's, just open up that list and do all the shopping for every task that you assigned that context. I now have contexts for each child, stuff to do at my computer desk, in the kitchen, Costco, local errands, Salt Lake errands, the list goes on and on and on.  Being able to date-assign the tasks also will make them pop up appropriately instead of just create this never-ending list.  I have a TON of tasks but they are all delightfully organized and will poke me at the necessary time. No more stressing about all the stuff I need to do. I have it managed.

Ta-da!

You guys. If you use an iPhone, Droid, iPad (and a few other devices but IDK because I'm an apple girl), then you really should look at this app.  I am so in love with it. I have literally never felt so organized as a mother.

0 backward glances: