Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Things No One Knows

  • I blush when I read smut in a romance novel even though no one knows what I'm reading (I hate romance novels - many people know that though)
  • I love the painful feeling when floss bites into my tender gums, and sometimes over-do it just to feel it again and again (yeah, sick huh)
  • I wish my name wasn't Amy
  • I love the way naked trees look against a dark sky...it makes me pensive
  • I still like the smell of paste, although I haven't sniffed it since I was a 2nd grader :)
  • Since about 2 years ago, I hate looking at myself in the mirror and avoid it when I can
  • I'm lonely most of the time, even though I enjoy spending time by myself
  • During my clepto teenaged years, I stole from a charity
  • My worst fear, it's unspeakable and makes me choke and then I can't breathe
  • I have a soft spot for homeless people and I give them the entire contents of my wallet whenever I can (usually $1 lol). I don't care what they spend it on.
  • I'm physically unable to put an ailing plant in the trash. I feel like a murderer
  • I cheated hardcore on a College Algebra final and would not have passed the class had I not done so
  • I've always ached for something big but don't know what it is

10 backward glances:

Gerry Hatrić said...

Thanks for your honesty. Some really touching things there. I've stolen chocolate too, but failed my algebra exam - had 2 massive theorems to know, I memorised the wrong one! :-(

Andrew said...

Hey, Amy! You're too funny. I'll try to dig you up a good Fandango coupon for future use...

And interesting list here! I am sooo curious as to your fear now! It's unspeakable like He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named!?

FriendinME said...

ack. you bring back my guilt. lol

When I was in college, I went to the men's room and looked up some answers for a Greek exam. (Is that cheating??? They were still my answers.... ;) )

And... why-the-heck do you dislike the name Amy? I have always liked that name.

And... (if you can say) what IS the unspeakable fear?

And... do you happen to know the phone number or address of your Algebra prof?? I'd like it for my files.

And... I posted your award on my blog. Thanks again!

Amy said...

Like telling your wish when you blow out your candles, if I speak my fear...it will happen.

I'm pretty sure most people have cheated on a large scale at some point in their life. I'd probably still have graduated eventually but maybe not on the timescale I had in mind. O-well, my work has nothing to do with Algebra anyway so that's how I justify it.

DaVinci said...

I like number one, I blush a lot myself, in fact I just did it again.

Jessica said...

I blush all the time too. : ) I think I ache for something "big" to happen in life too, even though I don't know what it is. Maybe a big career change? A big vacation? I don't know... But I do understand the feeling.

Mrs Furious said...

I went through the clepto phase myself... shhh... I'd never admit that I my blog!

josey said...

LOL! the first time i read thru your list, i thought it said, "i still like the smell of PASTA..." i was like OKAY...hahaha...(thinking of just plain pasta cooking without the sauce.)

i empathize with your lonliness.

FriendinME said...

I didn't know that if you say your fear, it would happen. Sheeshhhhhh.

I'd like to take this opportunity to let everyone know that I have an irrational fear of being rich and famous.

(btw, I posted the answer to your comment about the guy on the roof.)

Terri said...

I can relate to a lot of the same things, but especially to having a soft spot for the homeless... especially since one time a woman lectured me on my way into work for giving a guy some money for a cup of coffee. She ticked me off and every time someone asks me for change, I stop and try to give them some, and wish that woman could see that her stupid lecture had NO affect on me!